Use Tasker to put your phone on silent when it is placed face down
Category : Tasker
As you can see from my previous posts I am currently having lots of fun with the Tasker app for Android. In this post I am going to show you how to automatically switch your phone to silent when you place it face down on your desk (or night stand)
1. In Tasker select New button and give your profile a name.
2. From the list of Contexts select State
3. From the State Menu select Orientation
4. From the Orientation Dropdown choose “Face Down” and click Done.
5. Now that the the context has been created we will need to create an action. This action will be triggered when the above Task is initialised.
6. Click the New button to set up an action and then on the following menu choose Audio
7. From the Audio action menu click on Silent Mode and set it to On from the drop down.
8. Now that you have created a profile that will switch off the audio when it is face down it is time for you to follow the same steps as above only this time you will choose “Face Up” and set the Audio Action to Silent Mode Off.
Once you’ve finished setting up these profiles hit Apply and try flipping your phone face down and then face up. You should see that the phone goes silent when face down and comes back to life when it is face up.
Obviously you can play with this configuration to not only set your phone to silent when your phone is face down but also to turn off your WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS too.